Friday, December 21, 2012

Blizzard Blessings


I hope everyone is safe today. Last night was our first blizzard of the winter of 2012/2013. I'm so very happy that I didn't have to dig out the car, warm it up, find my winter boots, and try to trek to work this morning! I get to stay here where it is nice and warm.  Okay, my DH would have dug out the car, but I think that would be easier than searching the house for winter boots. He knows where the snow is. I haven’t a clue where my winter boots are! ;o)

Yes, I realize many of you do have to dig out and drive on treacherous roads to get to your jobs. I hope that you all remain safe today and that it isn't too bad where you are.

I realized this morning that this will be the first Christmas break in years that I didn't have to take my son to day care or guiltily leave him alone all day. (He's 14-almost 15 now, so he doesn't need day care. Unless my dear husband Kevin is here and then they BOTH need it as they tend to get into too much trouble when left unattended, but I digress!)

This is the first time in years that I will get to enjoy a Christmas break with my son and my husband. We've never been blessed with enjoying a vacation together as a family. The last 'vacation' Kevin and I had together was our honeymoon in 2005. We were always working, but this year is different. Because of past job schedules we’ve simply never had the opportunity to spend more than a three or four day weekend together. 

Now, we are all blessed with new jobs that will allow us to spend the next couple of weeks together. Thankfully, my husband's job (he teaches young men how to become great carpenters) is less than a mile from home. In the past, he's had to drive an hour or more in this awful weather. He's a carpenter, so the location and type of work changed from week to week, and sometimes day to day. 

This afternoon will be the start of our first Christmas break together and I am really looking forward to it. I might change my mind in a few days for I'll now be able to see what they do, or used to do, on these Christmas vacations while I was at work and they were here alone all day! 

Honestly, none of this would be possible if it weren’t for my readers. As you all know, I was able to give up my day job a couple of months ago and now I get to write full time. 

This was actually one of the things I was looking forward to the most, hunkering down and writing while it is snowing outside. It was a romantic notion I had for years, to be tucked inside, safe and warm, typing away at the keyboard, working on a book. Now that day dream has turned into a reality and I owe it all to you. 

Please know that I’m thinking of all of you this holiday season and I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and/or a Happy Hanukah! May the good lord bless each and every one of you and may all your dreams come true!

Hugs,
Suzan

No comments:

Post a Comment