Friday, August 2, 2013

Happy Friday!


Good morning my lovely readers! I hope you are having an awesome Friday!

They took away the last dumpster this morning at around 6:30. The dump truck was delivered last night. A team of men should be here at around 8:30 to start taking out the old garage foundation. Yay!!! Kevin is lining people up for the day after we get back, to dig the foundation for the room addition.

Its surreal.  We've dreamt of a new kitchen for years. I would have settled for new cabinets in the old kitchen, but that still would not have solved our seating issue. The current kitchen is so tiny that you can't get a table and chairs in it. When we first married, Kevin built a very small table and mounted it to the wall. It seats 1 comfortably. Honestly, my desk is bigger than the table!

We could never have family over, unless it was for a bonfire/wienie roast in  the back yard. We could never do a family dinner. After we did the living room (annexed 1/2 the front porch to make living room bigger) we finally had a spot to put a table and 3 chairs!! But still, we could only have so many people over at once because there are just so many places to put them. The little kid table? Why that is my coffee table! lol Still, we managed and enjoyed our kids.

Now, we'll be able to have the entire family over! I'll be able to have someone in the kitchen and I won't have to say "Go stand by the telephone so I can cut the green peppers." Yes, it is that small. Floor to ceiling wood barn siding that is so old and so dry that it now kind of dangerous. Next to nothing for storage. I have six small cabinets in the entire kitchen. I don't count the one over the fridge because I can't reach it so I never use it! ;o) And yet, for some reason, my husband loves to buy me stuff for the kitchen! I love this man!

Anyway...it is a dream come true. The new addition won't be over the top with marble or granite countertops, but it will be beautiful! I'm going with quartz countertops, at least that is what I want until it is time to pick something out. I know me and I am glad my husband knows me. ;o) If you give me more than two choices, it can sometimes take me forever to make a decision.

When Kevin bought this house, he thought he would be single for the rest of his life. Like me, he had no plans to ever remarry. So a small house made sense. Then he met me. A 5'9" divorced, single mom of three. We sort of changed each other's way of thinking!

Before we started remodeling, it was 724 square feet. With the annexation of the front porch - 1/2 for living room the other 1/2 for walk in closet, it was at 864 square feet. I think he says we're doubling the size of the house with the new kitchen, dinning room, and office. And he promises me I'll have more than five or six cabinets. It is a blessing being married to a carpenter!!

Thank you all, each of you, for helping make this dream come true! Honestly, none of this would be happening were it not for all of you. I hope you realize how important you all are to me and how much I appreciate each and every one of you.

I promise to post before and after pictures. I have been posting pictures on Facebook if you want to take a look to see how far we have come.

Now, I'm off to work on Rowan's Lady. I am looking forward to sharing his story with you, hopefully in October!

The audio book of Wee William's Woman should be ready at Audible by the end of the month. We're just giving it another once over. Guy did a fabulous job with it!

I'm sending you all hugs, thanks, and happy thoughts today! Have a great weekend!

Hugs,
Suzan



1 comment: